Undertake unique obligation for
Education in Energy Engineering and Management with
special responsibilities in domain specific aspects
of Energy & Infrastructure.
Seek to nurture students of extraordinary motivation
and ability and prepare them for life-long learning
and leadership in an increasingly knowledge driven world.
Envisage to establish institutes of excellence in education, competitive edge in research and real time relevance
futuristic thrusts in offering of programmes and undertaking
of activities and projects.
Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University has been promoted by Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation ( GSPC) to create a world class University in energy education and research with special focus on the oil and gas sector. The University addresses the need for trained and specialised human resource in the domains of engineering, management and humanities.
It intends to expand the opportunities for students and professionals to develop an intellectual knowledge base with leadership skills to compete in the global arena. This objective is being addressed through a number of specialized and well-planned undergraduate and post-graduate education programmes and intensive research initiatives.
Objectives of the University are as follows:
- To create centres and institutions of excellence for imparting state of the art education, training and research in the fields of science, technology and management in general and in relation to the domains of oil, gas and energy in particular.
- To create capabilities for development of knowledge, skills and competencies as a core academic goal
- To create capabilities for upgrading the infrastructure to global standards for education, training and research in the areas related to energy, engineering, management and liberal studies.
- To develop patterns of teaching and training at various levels of education accomplishment so as to set a high standard of education in energy, engineering, management and liberal studies.
- To function as a leading resource center for knowledge management and entrepreneurship development in the areas of energy, engineering, management and liberal studies.
- To provide inter-relationship for national and global participation in the field of energy, engineering, management and liberal studies.
- To establish close linkages with industries to make teaching, training and research at the University relevant to the needs of the society at national and global levels.