» Petroleum Technology
» Petroleum Management
» Solar Energy
» Liberal Studies
» SPT Calendar
» SOT Calendar
» SLS Calendar
» SPM Calendar
» SSE Calendar
» B.Tech Programme
» MBA Program
» M.Tech. Program
» Ph.D. Program
» PGDPM-X Program
» Programme for Executives
» Rural Internship
» Industry Orientation
» Community Development
As per the directive of the ministry of Human Resource
Development, Government of India, a Technical programme
should comprise of at least 20% courses on Humanities
and Management. For better execution of policies during
one’s professional career, a technocrat is required
to come to terms with the realities of life. In India,
Rural population comprises of nearly 70% of the country’s
total population. In a developing nation like India,
cities are getting saturated rapidly in many ways and
the onus on administrative machinery is to focus on
rural areas for development. In this regard, it has
become mandatory to know and understand rural life and
its demography. It is in this reference, School of Petroleum
Technology, under the aegis of Pandit Deendayal Petroleum
University, established by a special act of Assembly
(2007), has introduced Summer Rural Internship (SRI)
as a course in B.Tech Petroleum Engineering Programme
for first year students.
• To strengthen understanding on concepts of rural
development with specific reference to the Indian context.
• To provide exposure to grassroot realities,
in the rural setting, with a focus on participation in interventions by NGOs.
• To strengthen insights and develop skills on
participatory methodologies and tools used in rural development.
• To understand and appreciate broader contexts
of other stakeholders, like government agencies, donors and local self governance
institutions, while participating in existing field projects.
• To facilitate cross-cultural learning on development
issues as well as other areas of inter-personal growth and learning.
for Projectwork Details
• Sensitized workforce in energy sector who are
socially concerned and willing to positively contribute to the
• Increased awareness about rural areas in students.
• Thorough understanding about the rural socio-economic
scenario in students.
• Understanding the functioning of rural areas
and nonprofit sector.
• Explore challenging issues in existing systems
and suggest possible solutions.
• Indulgence of opportunities in rural areas amongst
• Enhanced understanding among students about
rural development and rural management.
• Sensitize students with socially responsible
behaviour wherever they are placed in future.
• Projection of School of Petroleum Technology
and PDPU as a socially responsible organization.
• Enhance skills of students. i.e. observation
skill, analytical skill, decision making skill, communication skill.