Energy is the source of life for any nation. Oil and Natural Gas sector, as a traditional source for energy has remained important across the globe. In India it has assumed greater significance as India stepped on the accelerated growth path. The energy policy has been more proactive and environmental awareness is high. As a result, several public sector companies in the oil and gas sector have started reshaping themselves and several foreign firms associated with this sector have come to India. Our companies have started going abroad with several types of long-term agenda.
The scenario is interesting and exciting. When the sector is at this juncture of high growth, the sector is facing acute shortage of petro-managers or techno-managers for managing various tasks. Many enthusiastic technocrats working in the oil and natural gas and associate sectors would like to open up more opportunities for their own growth and advancement by acquiring management skills vital for climbing up in the ladder of hierarchy.
Visualising this special need, and leveraging on the strength that the School of Petroleum Management has developed in the field of management education focused on oil and natural gas sector, two years back, we started offering the educational opportunities to the working executives in a format whereby one would acquire a diploma in management while working. Keeping in mind varying needs and situations of aspiring working executive, and inspired by the success of the first diploma program in management, this year we are launching another programme for the executives. These two programmes are as under:
• Postgraduate Diploma in Petroleum Management for Executives (PGDPM-X)
• Executive MBA programme (Focussed on Oil and Gas sector)
The PGDPM-X programme is a part-time programme for working executives running over eight quarters completed in two years. The new Executive MBA programme is a 15-month full-time residential programme. The brief details of these programmes are as under:
Postgraduate Diploma in Petroleum Management for Executives (PGDPM-X)
Features of the PGDPM-X Programme
- Two-year programme divided in eight modules
- Each module is completed in one quarter
- Four modules in a year
- Campus requirement of eight days in each module, followed by distance education for the remaining part of the quarter.
- The programme is focussed on Oil & Natural Gas sector
Click here for more information and Admission Form for PGDPM-X Programme
Executive MBA Programme
Features of the Executive MBA Programme
- 15-month programme
- Full-time residential programme
- 12 months (four quarters) campus requirements, during which 72 credit hours of classroom courses are learned.
- 3 months of Internship or Comprehensive Project Work. Internship can be done abroad or in one’s own organisation
- Full-time study and stay on campus would provide tremendously rich experience and advantages of lecture series, access to all resources, interaction with academic and industry experts, and mingling with young graduate students
- Will seek AICTE approval, though prior approval is not needed
- The programme is focussed on Energy sector in general and Oil & Natural Gas sector in particular
Click here for more information and Admission Form for Executive MBA Programme