Deendayal Petroleum University has been
promoted by Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation
(GSPC) to create a world class University in energy
education and research with special focus on the
oil and gas sector. The university has further expanded its programs to address the need for trained human reource in the domains of engineering, management and humanities. It intends to broaden the opportunities for students and professionals to develop
core subject knowledge which are duly complemented by leadership training interventions, thereby helping the students to make a mark in the global arena. This objective is being further addressed
through a number of specialized and well-planned undergraduate, post-graduate and doctoral programs as well as intensive
Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University (PDPU) has been established by GERMI as a Private University through the State Act enacted on 4th April, 2007.
School of Petroleum Management offers M.B.A. and Ph.D., Post Graduate Diploma in Petroleum Management for Executives, and Management Development Programmes focused on Energy & Infrastructure Sector.
The Schoool is approved by AICTE.
School of Petroleum Technology offers B.Tech., M.Tech. and Ph.D. in Petroleum Engineering. It is academically engaged in creating a high quality talent pool for the hydrocarbon sector across the entire value chain.
School of Technology offers B.Tech. in the fields of Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial, & Chemical Engineering, besides the Ph.D. Program.
School of Liberal Studies offers four year Bachelor programme in the field of Liberal Studies, M.A. in Public Administration/International Relations /Political Science as well as the Ph.D. programs.
School of Solar Energy offers M.Tech. and Ph.D. in the field of Solar Engineering.
School of Nuclear Energy offers M.Tech. in Nuclear Engineering.
- Emphasis on problem solving and practice with sound fundamentals, through active and continued partnership with energy & infrastrucuture sector companies and National and International Universities, Consultants and Vendors.
- Top down approach from ‘Systems to Components’ to better appreciate holistic education.
- Rural, Industry, and Research internships to provide a better understanding and challenges faced in rural and urban Indian landscape, industry culture and career options for students.
- Emphasis on holistic engineering as key to long-term economic and environmental sustainability of communities.
The University has collaborations with the following Universities of International repute:
- University of Tulsa
- University of Oklahoma
- University of Houston
- Ontario, Canada
- American Jewish Committee
- Texas A & M University, USA
- Georgia Tech University
- University of Sasksatchewan, Canada
- University of Regina, Canada
- Georgia Tech Research Corporation
- University of Trinidad & Tobago
Earlier, PDPU had facilitated a 3 week training programme in association with University of Houston, University of Tulsa and University of Oklahoma to expose petroleum engineering students to state-of-the-art technology in the upstream sector. This training helped the students to get acquainted faster with changing technology in the sector.
The University has 70 full time faculty and 35 visiting and adjunct faculty. There are more than 1700 undergraduate students and 225 postgraduate students in the University.
Please click here for more
information on Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay.